5 Marks of Love
It is often said that it is not the church of God that has a mission in the world, but the God of mission who has a church in the world. According to this clever turn of phrase, the church doesn’t have a mission, God has a mission, and God calls the church to join in what God is already doing! At Trinity we want to be that church; in fact, we ARE that church — the church that the God of Mission can use to further God’s work in the world.
We believe that God’s Mission is one based upon love for all creation.
We see God’s Mission represented by various marks of Love – categories in which God’s love for the world is carried out by specific ministries – five, in fact, corresponding to the Five Marks of Mission as developed by the Anglican Communion.
We call them the Five Marks of Love; and they are:
- To Tell (To Proclaim the God News of the Kingdom)
- To Teach (To teach, baptize and nurture new believers)
- To Tend (To respond to human need by loving service)
- To Transform (To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation)
- To Treasure (To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the live of the earth)
All of Trinity’s ministries are organized using this structure.
Click to Download a detailed description of the 5 Marks of Love: Ministries at Trinity
Click to Download an overview trifold of the 5 Marks of Love